I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.
What is Procrastination?
Procrastination comes from the Latin roots of pro (forward) and crastinate (tomorrow).
Some of the phrases we use to procrastinate:
Let it Wait.
I’ll do it when I’m more relaxed, rested.
When you procrastinate you put off til tomorrow what you can do today.
But guess what?
Tomorrow never comes.
We live in the eternal and infinite now. Tomorrow never arrives for when it does, it is today. TODAY is yesterday’s Tomorrow!
Procrastinators arent necessarily lazy. They are often quite active. However they are usually actively involved in a distraction activity. The writer who suddenly feels an incredible urge to clean his house, the student who needs to get to the next level on his video game rather than put in college applications, the employee who want to rearrange his filing system rather than complete the work of the day at hand. They are all actively distracting, postponing and delaying.
ARE YOU A PROCRASTINATOR?
In a Procrastination Stoppers support group, you will be surrounded by people who know what you are going through.
You'll also get:
1. A 'No B.S.' Reality Check. Your Procrastination Stoppers peers will challenge you to take an honest look at your situation and your part in it. We're going to help you shake off the old B.S. you may have subscribed to--and by B.S. we mean 'Belief Systems.'
2. A Sounding Board for Your Decisions. Procrastination affects many aspects of your life. Having a tribe of others going through accountability transition who can listen to you and help you evaluate major values and life direction can be a true gift.
3. Real Change. When you work on yourself in a Procrastination Stoppers Group, you change. You also change how you 'show up' in all of your relationships, your work and your homelife. As a result, you will see change!
4. A Support System. Many men and women who procrastinate may also delay forming close connections or simply adopt the friends that are in proximity rather than those with whom they feel truly emotionally and spiritually connected.
A Procrastination StoppersGroup can fill that void. Group members provide you with a community, a tribe of others who are there to support you, and help you through, not only your procrastination habits but your life well after your procrastination is behind you.
5. Wisdom from Collective Experience. No matter how alone you feel, how misunderstood you think you are after a period of procrastination, the reality is: you are not the first, nor last person suffering from this behavior pattern.
Even if you feel your habit pattern is different from the other group members, you can still gain deep insight, from their experiences, wisdom and even their mistakes. You gain access to knowledge and wisdom from those who've walked the same path.
Figuring out "Normal" in terms of life goals and achievements? It's easy to feel as if you are 'going crazy' as you go on the rollercoaster ride of goal setting and then lack of progress, delay, hesitation. Rage, Apathy, Sadness, Fear, Hope, Despair. At Procrastination Stoppers you learn that what you are feeling is completely normal when trying to change without the tools of change.
6. Deeper Emotional Awareness. By gaining more understanding of your emotions, you can start to tolerate and manage those emotions. Procrastination Stoppers groups provide you with the tools you need to learn to feel your emotional state and to talk to yourself in a way that supports your life goals. This often improves every aspect in your life.
7. A Safe Place to Feel. Procrastination Stoppers groups not only allow men and women to express their feelings about their accountability problems in a safe environment rather than stuffing them away.
8. A Group That Can Help Make Your Relationships more satisfying. When you feel competent, your confidence is given a boost. This can only help you as you navigate friendships and relationships.
9. Transforming Your Relationship with Your Kids. Through the work you do in a Procrastination Stoppers Group you will become better at identifying your thoughts and emotions. It will then make it easier to be more of aware of your children's thoughts and feelings, thus increasing your ability to provide both disciplined and compassionate parenting.
10. The Wisdom and Growth That Will Help You Become a Better Communicator. By having a more intimate knowledge of your own thoughts and feelings, you will be able to identify rational from irrational thoughts and reduce unrealistic expectations. This in turn will allow you to experience more satisfaction and even joy in all your relationships.
In the Procrastination StoppersGroup, members will learn how to:
· Evaluate and Dispute the ‘dire need for approval.’
· Accept the loss of approval, and of being actively disliked.
· Identify the advantages of accountability—following through and executing your plans.
· Identify the disadvantages of the ‘procrastination habit.’
· Re-identify personal passion, mission, vision
· Identify personal interests and pursuits
· Identify your Life Values
· Identify Triggers (Activating Events) that lead to overwhelming emotions and ineffective behaviors.
· Use the Scientific Method to Dispute Irrational Thoughts
· Identify Belief Systems
· Identify Command/Demand Thinking
· Identify Negative Self-Talk
· Identify Irrational Thoughts
· Dispute Irrational Thoughts about you, others and the circumstances of your life.
· Reevaluate the idea of vacillating Self-Value
· Confront low frustration tolerance
· Confront the concept that other people must be fair, kind or reciprocate.
· Confront the concept of perfectionism
· Create Effective Coping Thoughts
· Identify New Goals
· Divide Goals into manageable sub-goals with manageable time-frames
· Practice Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy Dispute Method (ABCs)
· Practice Rational Emotive Imagery
· Practicing Behavior Reinforcement
· Practice Assertive Behaviors
· Practice Calculated Risks
· Practice Progressive Relaxation
· Practice Shame Attacking Exercises
· Practice Mindfulness
If you are ready to stop procrastination in its tracks TODAY contact us on the CONTACT page above!
Let us know which group you are interested in!